The St. Cecelia Difference
The fundamentals and more...
What will students find at St. Cecelia Catholic School? A school that honors, first of all the fundamental commitment to the development of the mind and to moral and spiritual enrichment.
- Freedom to pray
- IB World School for the Middle Years Program (MYP)
- Enhanced Learning and Academic Support Programs
- National Junior Honor Society
- Foreign Language, Art & Music
- Competitive Sports
- Clubs -- Drama,Thespian, Choir, Cheerleading, Yearbook, Middle School Publication, Robotics, Mighty Mu Math, Odyssey of the Mind, Student Ambassadors, Student Council and many more
- Integrated Technology 1:1 iPad Initiative
- Extended Day Program
Did You Know St. Cecelia School...
- is an IB MYP World School.
- was awarded the National Blue Ribbon Award for 2010 by the United States Department of Education.
- was awarded Best Private School in Clearwater by the readers of the Tampa Bay Times.
- was awarded the Outstanding Board Award by the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA). We were one of nine schools in the nation to receive this prestigious award in 2009.
- is fully accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference
- teachers are certified by the state of Florida in all subject areas
- is a Gold Seal VPK Provider, eligible for VPK funding.
- students excel in state, regional and local academic competitions
- students perform competitively in the Pinellas Youth Conference sports
- has designed an approved 5-year Strategic Plan for 2012-2017
- offers an Extended Day program until 6:00 pm staffed by St. Cecelia School personnel
- offers a full day Summer Camp Program
- offers over 10 different afterschool clubs
- is open to all faiths
- accepts Step up for students scholarships funded by the state of Florida
- offers financial assistance
- SCS was founded in 1948
- IB MYP World School
- Pre-K3 through 8th grade.
- School hours - 7:50am - 3:00pm
- Extended Day available daily until 6pm
- Co-educational Catholic School
- Open to all faiths
- Specials offered are Spanish, Art, PE, Drama, Media & Music
- Daily Religion Education classes
- Full time Safety Director
- Full time Religious Director
- Full time School Counselor
- 1:1 iPad Initiative